Hurricane Dorian Prayer Requests: September 10, 2019
In the wake of Hurricane Dorian, the Bahamas have been left in shambles.
The death toll continues to mount, hundreds are still unaccounted for, and nearly 70,000 people have been left with nothing in the world, save the clothes on their backs. The scene is one of heartbreak, the scale of loss, unfathomable. One pastor and his entire family of seven were lost. Countless families are grappling with similar loss as they face the daunting task of rebuilding.
Following an assessment of the most critical needs, BGR partners are working with local pastors and churches to provide emergency supplies where they are most needed. But even those who are helping are grieving. Pastors’ homes have been damaged. Churches have been destroyed. In spite of the suffering around them, they are still working to help meet the needs of the people on the islands of the Bahamas.
Please pray for these pastors and churches and other BGR partners as they move forward in the relief efforts.
- Pray for God’s protection over the survivors as people become desperate and violence increases.
- Pray that those who have lost loved ones will be comforted by God’s presence and peace.
- Pray that the pastors and churches who are ministering to those in need will be strengthened and equipped to help.
- Pray that God will give guidance and direction to BGR partners as they continue to make assessments and determine how to meet the overwhelming needs.
- Pray for those that have to go into other peoples’ home to get food.
- Pray for the dignity of the victims. Being forced to receive help is hard.