Hurricane Dorian: How can you help?
Disaster Response | Print
The news and pictures from the Bahamas are heart-wrenching. How can you help these people who are recovering from a massive disaster?
1. You can pray.
- Pray for those who have lost loved ones.
- Pray for those who are injured and are in need of care.
- Pray for those who have lost homes.
- Pray for those who have lost everything.
Pray also for Baptist Global Response and other responders as we are sending an initial response and assessment teams in the next few days:
- Pray for good connections in travel and access to the most affected areas.
- Pray for the meetings that we will be having with individuals, local Baptist partners, as well as government officials who are responsible for coordinating efforts.
- Pray for our responders and assessment team to have wisdom and understanding as they sort through the best options for helping the Bahamas quickly and effectively.
- Pray for God to raise the resources needed in order to purchase food, water, medicines, and shelter materials.
2. You can give.
At this initial stage of a large-scale response, your donations are critical and needed to provide life-saving resources: food, water, medical care, and shelter.
- You can send checks (add “Hurricane Dorian” to the memo line) to:
Baptist Global Response
PO Box 930507
Atlanta, GA 31193-0507
- Or give below to help recovery efforts in the Bahamas.